This guide is now outdated, please find my new guide here:
Last updated on 15/10/2018
Finally, a decent TH to stay at. Unlocking the 4th camp, lvl4 barch, bk, DE drills are all the solid points of this TH.
This TH is a good foundation to max if you desire. Don’t max this TH level as well. For the sake of the guide, it will be about rushing, as maxing is just adding defensive levels at the end of the TH level.
I’ll assume you have 3 builders to start out, but having the 4th would be very good while working on these upgrades and especially the beginning of TH8. You’ll want maxed elixir when you come into this TH, gold is optional, but the more you have means more walls you can build.
First priority upgrades:
- Lab. You’ll want lvl4 barch asap and other lvl4 troops
- Dark elixir storage. This is a must because you want to have your nice barbarian king to aid in raids.
- New walls, new traps, new AT, cannon. Then spend all your gold into upgrading those walls until you’re broke. Then put builder #3 on new Army camp > barracks lvl1>2 > Army camps till maxed. Basically this builder will be in charge of army camps until you have 200 camp space.
- See how efficient rushing is, by skipping TH6, you get the ability to have 30 extra camp space within the first hour of TH7 instead of wasting days to get 15 camp space in TH6.
Second priority upgrades:
- Barbarian king. As soon as you have 10k DE, build him.
- Always upgrade hero instead of whatever you are planning if you have the DE. So if you planned to upgrade spell factory, but have 12.5k DE, upgrade BK to lvl2 instead.
- Dark elixir drill. Do this after the storage and max this. Your current dark storage can save enough for lvl2 BK which is usually enough while you can work on drills to produce passive DE income. Do dark storage after this drill is maxed
- Alternatively, if your DE storage is full and you cannot farm more, upgrade DE storage instead of drill.
- Spell factory. Do this after lab, having rage is a plus whenever you have valks or bowlers in your cc. On your own troops, the spell probably won’t help much, but lvl3 SF also gives you 6 spell capacity, meaning that you can bring 3 heals for your giants or cc hogs.
- New defenses: mortar, air defense. No need to upgrade their level, just lvl1 so that you can build/copy a new TH7 base from the internet.
No need to do teslas just yet, because the enemy can’t see it.Build tesla as soon as you have everything above done. Barbarian king. Whenever you finally get 10k DE, be proud and build your barbarian king (BK). He’ll be a great help in farming. Keep upgrading him whenever you have enough DE to do so.
- Barracks. Upgrade your new barracks from lvl2 and catch up to your other barracks (around lvl7/8), then upgrade one of them to lvl9 to unlock dragons. Upgrade the rest while you work on other buildings.
- Dark barracks. When you’re done with 1-3, and have one builder working on barracks already, then build your dark barracks. You won’t use it now, but afterwards it may be crucial.
- Gold and elixir storages. They’re 2 days each and you have 4, cheap to do and well worth their cost. You want these done so that you have bring as much resources as you can into TH8 or for general storage between builders.
Third priority upgrades:
- Teslas and all <1 day upgrades. Teslas are 1 day for 34 dps, well worth their first level. Catch up all other defenses which take less than 1 day to complete.
- If you’re still at TH7, then slowly work on mortars and WT, up till max.
- Air defenses and tesla. You should be at TH8 by now.
As usual, keep doing them as you raid for resources. You should be tagetting at least full pinks (lvl6) to half purples (lvl7).
Arch lvl4> Barb lvl4 > Giants to lvl4 > goblins to lvl4 > Loons to lvl4 > Wiz/heal/rage (those 3 in any order) > anything (you should be at TH8 by now)
Barch is all you need still. Look for collector raids which yield >300-400k each and wreck them, hitting DE drills is preferable too because you want to fuel for BK. To collect DE, pack your cc with giants/valks/hogs/bowlers and use them properly to get your DE. You are aiming for >600 DE found within a TH7 base to raid. The better you are, the more DE you should be targeting per raid.
Look at my TH7 journal entries to see basics on what troops I use to farm.
Recommended stay time: 1 to 3 weeks
Minimum upgrades: All first and second priority upgrades. Max army camps, maxed barch. At least lvl1 BK
This was my base before it turned TH8. Defenses looked horrendous, but offense wise all good. I had lvl4 barch and giants only, the rest are all lvl3 and lvl1s. Overall, experience in TH7 felt must better than TH6, the added offense, unlocking the first hero, good barch upgrades made it much more satisfying than TH6. Whenever you have maxed TH7 barch and 200 camp space, just obliterate TH6s from time to time for fun. Just circle your barbs around their base followed by a circle of your archers, you’ll find that you can 100% them most of the time easily.