Try to bring one Rune of elixir into TH11, doesn’t matter if you don’t have one but it is extremely helpful
Finally, after rushing for so long, you’re now at the
final penultimate TH and time to catch up everything that you previously neglected. This will actually be a short guide because TH11 is very shallow on content offense-wise. TH11 has now decent amount of offensive upgrades (could have more but we can only utilise what we have). Everything will be about upgrading the Grand Warden and maxing him asap.
In reality, having a lvl5-10 GW will give you almost all its benefits for a small fraction of his cost. Lvl20 does not offer much more than lvl10, but its nice to have him completely maxed so that you won’t grow used to him. Once you grown used to him, it will be harder to upgrade him afterwards. Despite that, you might need to delay him to upgrade army camps. Since he gains almost all his strength at lvl5, you might want to to leave him there to upgrade your army camps.
TH11 is way too relaxing and boring if you had maxed all previous TH levels because upgrade times take far too long. If you’re an avid farmer, best to rush previous THs so that you won’t get bored with the grind. TH11 upgrades all take too long and you’ll be twiddling your thumbs for a long time.
As a new TH11, you will not be able to protect you loot well. In fact, no matter how maxed you are in TH11, you will never be able to protect your loot well. Even if you are a maxed TH12, you will never defend well. My old TH11 suffered greatly from this because I was 75% maxed at TH10, losing 100-200k and getting no shield then losing another 300-450k, making losses much greater than if I had been 100% the first time.
You may consider buying the value pack as it makes it much easier to start the first day of TH11 and allows you to use your gold elsewhere. If you are not an above average farming, this pack is a lifesaver and allows you to kickstart a few important upgrades. Otherwise, you can choose to save your money.
If you did not build the eagle, it will have the eagle lvl1, warden lvl1 and some DE. If you built the eagle, it will merely be some gold, some elixir and DE. Having the lvl1 warden built will allow you to put your elixir to upgrading the lab, however is it worth that money?
The current ongoing pack right now is the “immense defense” pack which has 1mil gold and one Book of Buildings. This extra gold can help you buy the CC upgrade (10mil) without upgrading your storages. Normally, you’ll need to upgrade all of your storages to accommodate 10mil to start the upgrade; but doing this will allow you to start that upgrade earlier. It only costs $5 so its really worth it. If you only have money to buy one pack, buy this instead of the TH11 “value” pack.
Come into TH11, prepared with capped gold and capped elixir so that you can start many upgrades right away. I highly recommend having elixir in your treasury and collectors as well because the first day of TH11 is the hardest day of all. Prepare as many rune of gold/elixir and book of buildings as possible.
This guide assumes that you have 5 builders.
First priority upgrade:
- Grand Warden. Grand Warden. Grand Warden. Its so important that I have to say it 3 times. Keep him down and keep upgrading him, this will cost 8.5mil, everything in your storages.
- Lab. You’ll want to start loons or bowlers, or whatever meta troop that exists immediately. So upgrading your lab crucial.
- However, do note that your elixir storage cannot fit that much to start the upgrade immediately (unless you bought the TH11 value pack or have a Rune of Elixir). It will cost a total of 14.5mil on the first day of TH11, so start farming your elixir now.
- Do note that you will need to upgrade your grand warden again in 12 hrs, so your total elixir required on the first day itself is 17.5mil
- Clan castle. If you bought the TH11 resources pack or the USD$5 Immense Defense pack, you can start your CC immediately, if not you’ll need to wait for this.
- Eagle Artillery. If you did not build Clan Castle or if you have a Rune of Gold, build your Eagle. Its not very strong but sometimes can defeat the unprepared.
- Tornado trap. This thing is a beast really, being able to trap even maxed TH12 troops, crazy. Build this asap
- New archer tower, cannon and wizard tower. Better get them started immediately, they give most defensive value with the least cost because of their low level. Put one builder to upgrade these 3 things, from shortest upgrade time to longest. Upgrade till they are the same level of all your other defenses
- New walls. Use your remaining gold to build and upgrade all your walls.
- Grand warden. He will reach lvl2 in 12hrs after reaching TH11, so you will need another 3mil elixir to upgrade again. Keep him upgrading until at least lvl5, anything less and he’s pretty useless.
- Depending on what you can or cannot build, there are multiple things you can choose to upgrade on the first day of TH11, these are: elixir storage, Archer Queen or your new Xbow. All these things cost gold so they won’t be competing with warden for now.
All in all, the first few days of TH11 is the hardest because you need to upgrade lab and warden. This means you’ll need 14.5mil immediately and another 3mil after 12hrs in TH11. Luckily, TH11 is a breeze after this. Read about farming below if you want to know how to farm for your GW.
Second priority upgrades:
- Grand warden. If you can afford to, keep upgrading him all the way to lvl20. If you really cannot keep up with the elixir farming (~5-7mil elixir/day in the first 10 days or so), then you may choose to pause him for now. However, many people who get used to him cannot afford to upgrade him anymore because he is such a huge boost.
- Your lab should be completed around now, upgrade barch. Barbs first then arch, the hp boost is greater than the puny gains of archers.
- Army camps. Upgrade all 4 army camps at the same time, they will take about 12 days and 9mil each. This will provide the strongest boost to your offense after a lvl5 warden. If you farm extremely fast and have all 4 upgrading in quick succession, consider using book of buildings to free up a builder otherwise you will overflow on a ton of loot. Your warden will be able to relieve you early on because his upgrade times are relatively shorter.
- Gold storage. Upgrade them using 2-4 builders, you’ll have them maxed in 8-12 days’ time.
Infernos lvl4 and lvl5. After the last inferno buff, inferno upgrade is much more useful now. If you had maxed infernos previously, work on lvl4 otherwise skip to the next step.No need to work on infernos now, they are as useless as decor, even lvl1-2 is good enough until when you nearly caught up on defenses
- Build your new Xbow and work on the new low level defenses. Use 1 builder and slowly upgrade them one by one.
- Elixir storage. After finishing gold storages, start on these so that you can eventually store enough elixir for Grand Warden. Its a lower priority because only the last 5 levels of grand warden cost more than 9mil.
- If you bought the CC using the value pack, you can choose to upgrade elixir storage first because you can start on balloon lvl7 upgrade earlier, which is an awesome upgrade.
Third priority upgrades:
Once you run out of things to upgrade in 2nd priority, move on here.
- Grand warden. Yeap, just so you won’t forget, upgrade him. it takes 87.5 days to max him so I hope that you can manage to max him after stepping foot in TH11 for 87.5 days.
- Barracks for electro dragon. Personally, I would save up 4 books and slowly book them. Saving 12 days is good enough worth for a book. If you really need electros, then feel free to upgrade barracks early on. I would just suggest to wait for clan games and free books
- AQ. If your AQ is not lvl40 yet, it can be a good idea to upgrade her if you have excess DE. I recommend having lvl41 AQ nonetheless because lvl41 actually takes out many buildings with 1 less shot.
- BK. If your AQ is lvl40, you can choose to work on BK instead. AQ is much more helpful for farming so you can keep her awake in the transition. But if you’re farming is excellent, upgrade all 3 heroes at once.
- Defense. Your warden will take much longer than everything else so use your remaining builders to upgrade defenses at any order you wish. I do recommend working on infernos, teslas and WT first though.
Determining what to upgrade in lab is quite difficult in TH11, because almost all lab upgrades do not impact much at all in TH11. The most important lab upgrade you need is the Grand Warden, and I’m sure you’re tired listening to me go on about him. But he is THAT crucial. Lvl2 bowlers have 310 hp, lvl3 bowlers have 350 hp but lvl2 bowlers + warden has 465 hp. Almost all your offensive upgrades are locked behind the Grand Warden, so it makes many lab upgrades sub-optimal.
Furthermore, SC likes to buff and nerf troops that impact greatly in TH11. What I say now might not be relevant with the next nerf/buff cycle. But here’s a tentative order of upgrades:
Barb > Arch > Wallbreaker > Miner/Giant/Balloon/Healer (personal preference)
If you want something a little DE heavy to save up for warden:
Bowler > Bat spell > Hound > Barb > arch > WB
If you cannot afford barch in the initial phase of the GW grind, do another DE upgrade like bat spell or bowlers and save up for GW
Upgrade walls as you get the resources. If you had rushed previous TH levels or a good farmer, consider having a free builder so that you can bypass the extremely long waiting times for upgrades and keep farming perpetually.
There aren’t many walls in TH11, only costing 420mil or so to max the new 25 pieces and lvl12 walls. They should be very easy for the seasoned farmer.
There are now 300 lvl12 walls to be done, they only cost like 1.2bil loot so a good farmer should be able to complete them easily.
Collector raiding is still very viable for a TH11. I highly recommend any new TH11 to collector raid at least for the first day of TH11 where you require 17.5mil of elixir. Anywhere from G2 to M2 is good to find collectors and get your elixir.
- Barch. You know your favorite barch comp already, do what you like. I like 80 barbs, 120 arch and rest wiz/min/wb
- Mass miners, just simple 43 miners. Really easy army to use and trains faster than barch, but costs 3 times as much elixir. Barch with 5 spells actually cost less than miners without spells. Miners are also non-superior in terms of collector bases, they are only profitable in whale bases with >700k loot or 6k DE
- Most people I see using mass miners end up with underleveled walls because they do not realise that the majority of walls are built using elixir
- Bowler healer/QW+bowlers. This is only recommended when you have maxed out your heroes because they cost a ton of DE. The aim here is to find bases with at least 600k loot otherwise barch would be faster. You can aim 450-500k loot bases, but note that it will be slower than barch. Don’t forget that bowler-healer has a chance to fail or AQ dying thus delaying the next raid.
- I use 4 giants, 24 bowlers, 6 healers and 6 wb. CC: Wall wrecker + 5 bowlers + 1 giant + rage. Spells: 3 rage, 1 jump, 1 heal, freeze
Laloonion. Much slower than barch but can score hits from bases with collectors deep inside the base and many 400k bases in Master range. I recommend more hounds and hastes so that you don’t spend too much elixir on loons and rage. 3 hounds, 24 loons, 15 minions, cc hound or 4 hounds, 24 loons. Spells are, 4-6 hastes, 1 freeze, 1-2 rage Once you have lvl7 loons and done with your initial GW upgrades, consider using 1 hound, 30 loons, 30 minions and CC hound instead. Much more flexible to hit collector bases as well Valks. Mass valks or QW+valks are decent armies. They are considerably weaker but can hit collectors bases more easily. I like 13 valks + 4 healers or just 18 valks. Giant+hog. This is an easy comp for collectors, 8 giants, 16 hogs, 30-40 gob, rest archers. Spells are 3-4 heals. Just hit dead bases and easily get the star for the loot bonus.
Barch is all you ever need now, collector farming is extremely easy and I can find dead bases at any time of the day with minimal nexting
Recommended stay time:
87.5-100 days. Finish up your warden and your entire TH11 life would be so much easier with him around.
Actually if you have loons lvl7 done, you can start playing casually and still progress decently well at TH11 Just barch until you maxed your heroes at the very least
This is quite a bad base design btw, use something else. Maybe this?
From zero: (19th Apr 2017)
To hero: (19th Apr 2018)