Nothing much here on my base, just finishing my last few gold mines.
DE tank is half capacity and BK is nowhere near done, farming is easier than ever right now. It might get tougher after the update for a while but usually it will resolve quite quickly.
Lvl11: 45*9 = 405mil
165*5 = 825mil
Total wall cost = 1.23bil
Wall cost after discount: 960mil
Looking at my old posts, I have only farmed 70mil in the last 2 weeks, that’s quite slow 😦 Probably because I was so busy with my job applications, presentation and thesis. Good thing is that my thesis is done now and my applications have yielded some interview offers, fingers crossed
The BH9 update. While I do look forward to play it, I am not raving about this, mainly its just another thing for me to do. The first paragraph already makes me seriously worried about this update, BH9 will not receive any army camp upgrade. This means that all offensive upgrades will come purely from troops, making the gap between BH9 and BH8 ridiculously small. The last time we’ve seen this, its was BH5 vs BH6 and that was really painful for a new BH6. I am seriously worried about this because in the future it would
A new army camp is actually really important despite them giving diminishing returns. The 5th army camp increases your space by 25% but the 7th only increases your power by 16.7%. Given what we see in the troop upgrades later on, this 16.7% boost is really important otherwise BH9 would be barely stronger than a BH8 until they are nearly maxed. This is a serious issue in the main base and I see it slowly creeping into the builder base as well.
The first new thing here is the hog glider. I’m not too sure what to make about it, looking from videos they seem ok but it would be hard to tell unless I spent 50mil elixir or so to max them. With the new OTTO system, I don’t think I can spend that elixir on hog glider until afterwards.
This is another problem with the builder base. With everything having the same level, you need to spend a ludicrous amount of time to catch up your new troop/defense in a new builder hall level. Lvl1 giga tesla is crap, until you pour 25mil gold to bring it to its appropriate strength. They seriously need to address this issue if they wish to make progression fun in this game mode. Keeping the level structure is fine, they just need to make things cheaper. The first few levels of the hog glider should cost way less so that we can upgrade a few levels quickly and bring them up to par.
New troop level:
- Raged barbarians
- No increase in troop amount, just a 10% boost + 2 extra seconds of rage. They would probably be obsolete with the lava mortar
- Sneaky archers
- If you love using this troop, you would love the +2 troops which brings them back to their original numbers. With 72 archers, you can probably cut through a lot of bases
- Boxer giant
- +21% to hp and dps. Seems better than getting extra iron fist damage, no real complaints here. Maybe they could have added 10% hp and 30% health instead
- Beta minion
- This will probably be my first BH9 troop upgrade. +20% extra troops with +10% heal and dps, this should make them more potent since my primary army comp is drop minions
- One of the few troops which get substantial upgrades in BH9
- The standard, nothing much here. Just probably allowing it to smash lvl9 walls
- Baby dragon
- +33% army seems interesting but I don’t know if anyone would use them. Only time will tell, but I doubt they would become meta right after the update
- Cannon cart
- +21% hp and dps, they would just be as strong as pre-nerfed cannon carts, I’m not putting much hopes into this. I am only upgrading this for the 6th builder
- Night witch + dropship
- Only increased dps and health, no increase summon speed which I thought they needed. Not sure if it will be helpful at all
- Super pekka
- Also another +21% hp and dps, nothing much here
The strength of the troop upgrades seem pretty weak, nothing is as good as just giving a new army camp and +10% as per normal.
I’ll talk about the lava launcher and the OTTO in my next post since this seems pretty long already. My overall impression of the update is that BH9 is too weak in comparison to BH8. The balance still seems better than TH12 vs TH11 right now, but soon I think the gap between BH levels will become smaller and smaller then become non-existent like what we see in 11v12 right now