“Am I ready for TH9?” is one of the most common questions in clash of clans. People would tell you that you should upgrade after you completely max TH8. That is a stupid advice because you waste hundreds of millions of elixir and a ton of time doing so.
This serves as a quick checklist for TH8 players when contemplating the TH9 upgrade. In reality, whatever you have in TH8, even if everything is level 1 is good enough to reach TH9. It is impossible for you to screw up by rushing. However many players are still apprehensive so just make sure all these are done and you’re all set.
If you have read my TH7+8 guides, you would certainly have enough upgrades completed.
- Army camps lvl6 (maxed at 200 troop space)
- Lab lvl6 (maxed)
- Barch (barbarians and archers) lvl5
- Spell factory lvl3 (maxed)
- Clan castle lvl4 (maxed)
- Dark elixir storage lvl4 (maxed at 80k capacity)
- Gold and elixir storage lvl11/11/11 (maxed at 6mil/6mil capacity)
- Both DE drills lvl3 (maxed)
Feel free to upgrade to TH9 once all the above are completed
There is no minimum defense requirement, everything at level 1 is fine.
There is no minimum trap requirement, everything at level 1 is fine.
There is no minimum collector (gold mine and elixir collector) requirement.
For all other troops than barch, there is no minimum requirement
Some optional upgrades: (its ok if you don’t have these and it probably won’t help you either)
- One barracks lvl7-10, the other three can be lvl2-4
- One dark barracks lvl4, the other can be lvl1
- Barbarian king lvl5
- Dark spell factory lvl2
- Wallbreakers lvl5
Once you’re done, read my TH9 guide